|The Experience of a Lifetime
What is RSVP...
A nationwide volunteer program, RSVP invites adults age 55 and over to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their neighbors in need.
Do you have what it takes ...
* Are over 55 years of age;
* Enjoy working with others to solve community problems;
* Are determined to stay active and involved in the community;
* You want to make a difference;
Today’s adults are busy, productive people. After retirement, many RSVP volunteers use their experience to tutor and mentor children, counsel small businesses, assist at health clinics and teach others seniors to use the internet.
Others distribute food to their town’s homeless or volunteer at a variety of one-time community events.
As an RSVP volunteer, you'll receive ...
* Free volunteer placement;
* The opportunity to use your experience and skills;
* The chance to learn something new every day;
* Supplemental accident and liability insurance;
* The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference;
* Invitation to the Annual Recognition Event;
Among their many accomplishments, RSVP volunteers ...
* Contributed 153,000 hours of service;
* Grocery Shopped for over 100 residents;
* Delivered meals, grocery and fresh produce to more than 50 shut-ins;
* Built handicap ramps, did Minor Home Repairs and assisted 70 homeowners;
* Tutored and assisted in all four school districts in the county;
* Help local law enforcement make communities safer;
* Protect fragile rivers and forests;
* Brought cheers by singing and performing at a 11 area nursing homes and senior centers;
RSVP invites adults to put their experience to work solving problems close to home therby making their communities stronger.
To volunteer ...
Visit the local RSVP office at:
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Monroe County
411 Main Street, Suite 102-B
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Or stop in at our Tobyhanna satellite office at:
Coolbaugh Township Municipal Building
5550 Memorial Boulevard
Tobyhanna, PA 18366
Or send email to: RSVP
Content Last Modified on 2/11/2013 4:03:05 PM
Browse Search Human Services Home Back Printable Version Text-Only Full-Screen eMail Previous Next